Clan Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeRosterServersResultsLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySearch

Share | 

tell me what you think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
edit
rev` Senior Member
rev` Senior Member
edit

tell me what you think? Empty
PostSubject: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:33 am

So here is my short story:

I see a man walk by me...

I know him- slicked back hair, wearing Giorgio Armani suit. I recognise him from an earlier life.

Wilson,
i think.

He was the one with the wife and kids that left him…
But who am I to talk… I haven’t seen my family in a long while.

No not Wilson,
Peterson.

Ah yes, Gregory Peterson- my old friend from the twenty seventh floor.

I remember his smug reassuring grin as he wears it now. Yet, He looks at me now, and his grin turns sour. And, as he walks, he takes a wider berth from around where i am sitting.

Does he not recognise me?

Is it my beard that sits scruffily on my face these days?

Nevertheless, i don't call his name to remind him. And he continues walking by with an air of distaste.

I used to walk by here every day, like my old friend Peterson. Yet, i never stopped to appreciate what was around me.

It was always about getting from lunch
To
Lunch
To
Meeting
To
Meeting.

Obviously, not much has changed with Peterson. It looks like he has a deadline.

Me,
On the other hand, you could say is a slightly different case...

Instead of walking these days, i find myself
sitting.

You see-
I now enjoy the simpler things in life

For example

I once watched my shadow make a full circle around me as the sun rose then proceeded to set.

and also

the
falling
leaves
last
autumn
landing
gently
on
the
ground… only to be crunched by passers

I used to eat lobster and crab and scotch fillet steak and fine and wine and dine with platters of cheese and caviar and other delicacies.

But now,
I am content with half a burger- left on someone’s tray in McDonald’s.

That is if I get to it before a pigeon.

Oh the stare offs that I have had with street creature counterpart over the remains of passers’ meals

How pathetic.

Do I miss it?

I watch the clock strike 9:00 every day, thinking that a year ago i would have been sitting through a meeting.

Maybe.- the satisfaction of achieving a task that no one could do

When was the last time I commanded someone?

When was the last time someone listened to what I have to say?

When was the last time someone even heard my voice?

I guess they don’t need to hear me now. Because the only communication I need to make is written on my cardboard sign.

Back to top Go down
edit
rev` Senior Member
rev` Senior Member
edit

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:34 am

and here is my essay:

Shakespeare's tragedy, Macbeth, is a dramatic allegory for the dangers of overweening ambition in any individual and how it can lead to the downfall of that individual and those around them. The play also demonstrates that such ambition in an individual can lead to feelings of fear and guilt and furthermore a struggle between good and evil on not only an internal level but also an external level.
The good in the play is represented by the symbol of the rightful king, coupled with the characterisation of the noble king Banquo. Macbeth’s evil is highlighted by the imagery and dark tone through the quote, “Stars hide your fires let not light see my black ad deep desires.” Also through the quote “Come seeling night/ Scarf up the tender eye of a pitiful day.” The technique represented in this quote is personification.
Furthermore, Lady Macbeth also embraces evil through her dialogue, “Come thick night / and pall thee in the dunnest smoke of hell.”
Macbeth has usurped the throne and is unfit to rule, as seen through Malcolm’s evocative listing, “Not in the legions of horrid hell can come a devil more damned in evil to top Macbeth.”
In contrast, Malcolm, “Scarcely have coveted what was mine own/ At no time broke my faith, would not betray/ The devil to his fellow and delight/ No less in truth than life.”
Macbeth is called: Tyrant, black Macbeth, Devilish Macbeth, blood scept’red.
The king is described as, “Good king, blessings hand about his throne.”
However, Scotland is under Macbeth’s tyrannical reign, as seen through the personification, “Bleed poor country.”
Macbeth’s tragic flaw is his ambition. It is his ‘vaulting ambition’ and that Lady Macbeth, too the causes him to yield to the evil suggestions he entertains after hearing the witches.
After he has murdered Duncan, he feels guilty. As seen through his hyperbolic dialogue, “I could not say ‘amen’/ Macbeth will sleep no more. And he continues, “Will all great Neptune’s ocean wash this blood / clean from my hand? No.” “Wale Duncan. I would thou couldst.”
Macbeth’s guilt however does not lead him to repent and he begins to fear and feel insecure, through the metaphor, “We have scorched the snake, not killed it.”
Lady Macbeth’s ambition for her husband makes her manipulate him into carrying out his plan to murder Duncan. Later, she is so guilt ridden that she is tormented, sleep walking every night trying to wash the blood and guilt away, through her agitated exclamations “Out damned spot, out I say!...Hell is murky…Will these hands ne’re be clean?......Here’s the smell of blood still…What’s done, cannot be undone.”
We can see through Lady Macbeth’s Doctor’s repetition and internal rhyme the forbidding predictions of her downfall. “Unnatural deeds do breed unnatural troubles.” Eventually she commits suicide.

Back to top Go down
edit
rev` Senior Member
rev` Senior Member
edit

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:34 am

Tell me what you think?
Back to top Go down
defeat
rev` Uber 1337 Admin
rev` Uber 1337 Admin

Passport : dft

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:27 pm

ah macbeth

the days were we had some gay cunt teacher who tried putting expression into it but failed like a shit hole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clan-aod.com
voiid
Brainless Administrator
Brainless Administrator

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:44 pm

lols macbeth FUCK I HATE THAT SHIT. ms simon wasnt a gay cunt shit hole . she was kinda hot Very Happy. Very Happy:D:D:Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D. isnt ur essay a little short?
Back to top Go down
defeat
rev` Uber 1337 Admin
rev` Uber 1337 Admin

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:42 pm

im talking about the student teacher, you fuck

Last edited by defeat on Mon May 02, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
edit
rev` Senior Member
rev` Senior Member
edit

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:13 am

draft*
Back to top Go down
voiid
Brainless Administrator
Brainless Administrator

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:34 pm

the student teacher i fuck? hmmm lmfao. USE GRAMMAR DUMBFUCK. I'm talking about the student teacher, you fuck!
Back to top Go down
defeat
rev` Uber 1337 Admin
rev` Uber 1337 Admin

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:50 pm

what the fuck?

im talking about that shit cunt (the male) we had for like 4 weeks during macbeth. the guy with that voice.
Back to top Go down
Sp33dy
rev` Clan Member
rev` Clan Member
Sp33dy

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Man this hurts my brain haha! never liked essays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tell me what you think?   tell me what you think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tell me what you think?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan Revolution :: Other :: Off-Topic-
Public ChatBox
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com